Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

November 22nd, 2006

Good day to all! Hope everyone is psyched about the Thanksgiving Holiday. It sure is cool not to have to go to work for a day. Sometimes it makes the hugest difference. Anyway, I was contemplating on doing a 55 mile ride out to my inlaws tomorrow. I really did not know how it was going to go thru with my three commanders at home but the thing is that I got clearance to fly!
I am riding to Geneva, then St Charles and then I am going full gravel mode on the Great Western Trail. I will be riding my fixie and too bad nobody else is going with me. I estimate it is going to take me about 3 hours to get there. I am sending a change of clothes with the car and plan to take a nice hot shower.
I told Bill today about the interview and he agreed to it. I think it is going to be awesome to interview him. Bill is so hard-core it makes us look like twinkies.
Today we received more plastic bikes by Felt. They are nice, light, strong and the new shimano ultegra and dura ace shifters have a much more positive feel to them. Good job Shimano!
Now that we are getting the 07 models in we are going to have bikes everywhere. I am glad we moved some tandems thru e-bay. That sure is a good way to get rid of crap. My latest thing has been to sell crap on ebay to buy new crap. I have almost paid off my Gunnar Ruffian by selling old parts.
Bill passed me an awesome, really heavy 100% wool sweater from REI and also a brand new pair of amfid pearlie tights. Man that guy sure is generous. Thanks a mil Bill. He is also in the works to convert his appalachian crossie to a crossie fixie. The poor guy is hooked on fix. Right now he is commuting on a fix crosscheck. More details later about his rides.
Pegorettis and Pinarellos should be coming in soon. They should have been here already but the forgot to ship them. Damn computers.
I hope tomorrow a bunch of you get a chance to ride. It sure helps my head when I do so. As for now I wish all a good holiday.
peace,
Ari

1 comment:

strangelife said...

Good luck on the ride. Hope the turkey is moist and the pinky rings are in full effect. Eat alot, drink alot, and be merry.