Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

November 12th, 2006


Finally! After a few follies with riding I was able to make it to Water Fall Glen with Jamie. We did 20 miles of the crushed limestone and it really felt good. The first loop was really a warm up and an evaluation as to how much fitness we have lost. Jamie has maintained some fitness from running. I have lost all what I had gained last year from commuting to Chicago and doing 45 miles on the fixie on a daily basis. Man, I was chasing busses last year. Anyway no reason to complain it will all come back. I did set up the Gunnar with more upright bars and today I went ahead and also switched my racing italo bars for some hick Salsa bell laps. These bars are shallower and wider for more torque on the hills. Today I ran a 42x16 and was able to do all the hills. Maybe a 42x17 would allow me to get into the grass. Tires were Michelin 700x30 dynamics. Which are slicks and worked fine, I guess. My plastic bmx saddle is a joy and it is also nice to think that it will not rot if it gets wet.
One layer of wool and a windbreaker. Lots of fat to burn. The trail was busy with runners, hikers, photographers, moutainbikers, roller skiers, and believe or not people training there huskies with sleds ( with wheels). What a busy place.
I will soon start posting more photos of some stuff I have been doing. Tomorrow I will be riding in Water Fall Glenn again. This time I am pulling the burley with Giulietta. See what happens.
The Gunnar Ruffian 29er that I ordered is probable going to show up soon. I am uncertain as to how I am going go build it. This thing is going to be yellow with horizontal fork ends (not drop outs) and a conventional bb. I am not having any disc mounts. I am going to run conventional brakes on it. Interested in Bike art look up Rudi Nadler. Need crazy handlebars look up Jeff JOnes. I loaded an image of my rear wheel. Surly track hub with Salsa Delgado rims, build with dt spokes and running a new surly cog. Tomorrow is another day and I wish all a good one.
Peace,
Ari

No comments: