Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

November 15th, 2006


Today was one of those awesome days that don't come along too often. At 7am I met fleischkopf and we went for a killer ride. We rode fix all the way to Argonne and then took the fixes on the gravel. Got home at almost 9am had an awesome breakfast and hung out with my girls. At work it was slow and cool to chill out. WE busted out the grill and had brats and chili for lunch. Talk about food coma. I was done for the rest of the day. Around 5 pm Ups showed up with my new Gunnar 29er and it sure was a thrill to yank that dog out of the box. Yellow, vicious straight blade fork, conventional bb, horizontal forks and yes,yes yes no damn disc tabs. I know discs are here to stay but I still can stop pretty well with my xtr vbrakes and paul levers.
After work we fixied over to La Grange to check on some new spin bikes that hopefully I will be servicing. The guy showing the bikes was a meat head and totally burned me saying the bikes needed no maintenance right in front of my boss. I hope someone burns him too and he is out of a job. Øne thing is to be a fleischkopf but meatheads suck.
The photo above is of two guys I really admire. Grant Petersen with shades and Sheldon Brown, the smartest bike dude alive. Grant is a great innovator and I have a lot of respect for him. Visit www.rivbike.com and www. harriscyclery.com.
Hope all is good in the homefront. Tonight I will dream as to how I will build that Ruffian.
thanks.
peace,
Ari

No comments: