Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

NIght Riding

Trees with available light

Elevators waiting to be filled, available light


Got out last night on the Surly 1x1 and feel like I am starting to dial it in. It is a fantastic ride and very comfortable indeed. Running a 2 to 1 gear ratio with 180 mm cranks. So it takes a lot of spinning to get it going. Us old dogs tend to get stiff and push bigger and bigger gears so riding a bike that requires spinning is good for the legs.
This weekend I think we are going to go up north to pick some apples with the girls so I don't have any big riding plans for Sunday. Thursday, day off , will entail some longish ride either on the 1x1 or the Ruffian 29er. I would love to punch another century on my card but I am not couting on it.
Tonight we are having a night ride out of my place so if anyone is interested just show up. Bring lights, pumps, tubes, warm clothes, money, a phone, and whatever else you think you might need. Ride will involve mostly road and duration will be around 2 hours. Ride starts at 8:30 pm.
This Sunday marks the beginning of the cross series in the Chicagoland area. Jackson Park will be the 1st in series and Tobie and Helmut will be racing. If you are not racing go spectate since I guarantee you it will be a fun time.
We will be hosting Race #2 in Hopkins Park, Dekalb, IL. on October 4th. We will all be there.
keep riding yer bikes, its good fer ya.
Ari

Total miles yesterday
40
7 on Salsa Fargo
33 on Surly 1x1

1 comment:

Richard said...

Ari the tree pic is kind of spooky...but I'll be there in spite of it.