Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day off riding

As close as I have been to a Hawk, awesome.



Me riding in daylight. Short sleeve jersey, and shorts!


Had the day off in the morning and was able to get out for a solid 60 miles. Rode the Gunnar Crosshairs with the Schwalbe Marathon Racer tires. A very comfortable ride on those tires and they seem to wear like steel. Ira Ryan rode the same type of tire to win the Trans Iowa. He had his in narrower width and pumped to the max.
I headed out on Brickville rd and went over the new bridge on Grove. I then took Pleasant Hill road to Genoa rd and rode all the way out to Belvedere. I stopped at the 'Bucks and got an Americano because the bright light was messing with my night vision. Rode back into Genoa and did the trail were the Coyotes were wanting to eat me for dinner. Found another loop in some development area with a severe climb. Went back to Sycamore and climbed up the hill on Aldrich rd. then went home. My legs were burny and I felt good. Spent the rest of the day with Giugi. Went shopping then we stopped at Niko's Lodge for Burgers, and a beer (for me).
I am thinking that the season is starting up. I would like to organize a night ride on the Great Western Trail with a Stop in St.Charles for fuel up.
My incredible Rick Hunter Cycles custom Stem came in today and I am seeing that Salsa La Cruz getting built little by little. I am not decided on drive train, rims and tires. So far I have decided on
Stem Rick Hunter
fork Rick Hunter
seatpost Thomson
Saddle San Marco Rolls
Brakes Avid BB-7
Handlebars Nitto Noodle 46 wide
Shifters Dura Ace 9 spd Bar end Shifters
Brake levers Dura Ace Aero Levers (old school)
Headset Chris King in Pink
Hubset Chris King in Pink
BB Chris KIng in Pink
Skewers Salsa Cycles
Pedals Shimano something
Rims Either Mavic A719 or Dt Swiss TK 7.1

I am still figuring out cranks, rear der, front der, tires.

best,

Ari

No comments: