Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More night riding

Grain Elevator and Moon at night. Genoa, IL.

Wide eyed from reading Dr. Kissinger's Biography

Rte 23 Straight Shot to Genoa, IL.


Started to have some time to start fitting the new machines. Changed stems, seatpost and saddle on the Monster Steamroller and Did 45 miles on it today. The bike rides just fantastic. I changed the stock steamroller fork for a Bontrager Satellite Carbon. I am pretty sure it will not break since it has an aluminum steerer and it was intended for heavy riding. If I raced this bike offroad I would be putting the stock Surly fork on it. Tires are old stock Michelin Green Sprints in what they call a 700x30c but I measured them up to be more like 700x34. They are light, roll like the dickens and of course are no longer made. Once they wear out I am going to treat myself to some deliciouse Challenge Griffos.

I was a bit achy today from yesterdays long haul, but the commute and the night ride helped loosen things out. I do have to loosen my hip abductors and some muscle on the rear part of the machine and according to our resident Body Fixer I need to find some La Crosse Balls and roll on them . Sounds like a fun idea! Everybody go buy balls and losen up them twisted muscles!!!

Well, now I must tend to my book and drink more water. Night rides will be routine from now until the spring. The Genoa ride can be around 30 miles, Great western ride can be 40 or more. Those, I believe are the safest routes.

I am enamored with my Princeton Tec EOS mounted on my helmet and running on Flash Mode. I can still read street signs and cars coming to intersections stop. I am also running a Night Rider Minewt X2 and that light rocks. I also brought in some nifty reflective tape made by Jandd that is really thing and highly reflective. Come in to the shop and become visible.

Best,

Ari

No comments: