Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Day off Riding

Rivendell Heron

On a Fantastic Road in Boone County

Heading North on Genoa Rd.


I have been playing around with routes a lot lately. Yesterday I figured out that riding to Genoa, IL. gives one the opportunity to get to Boone county. I found the only road that truly heads north out of this town. I was up north on Boone County and then got close to Poplar Grove. Conditions were cloudy with a sun that really wanted to come out. I opted for a Handlebar bag just to carry my food and map. I had mixed feelings about it since I am used to riding long distance with my camelbak. It was a nice change up to get on the Road Bike,(cheater bike), and enjoy the pleasures of 110psi on 700x23 tires. What a difference in speed and effort! A lot easier than doing 100 miles on a Cross bike with knobbies. My goal was to do another 100 miler and I was happy when the odometer clicked over the 100 mark. My lungs were running at about 80% because of the previous nights' asthma attack. Legs feel tired but good. Lungs a bit burning.
best,
Ari

No comments: