Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Night Riding and Day off riding

Today's where the ***F*** am I Face

Last night battle of the lights.
On Left the Lumotec versus the new Led on the Right



Last night Rich and I had the road lit up. We were both running Hub dynamos with Nazi headlamps. It is really worth investing in good lights. As a kick we also ran Dennis's Powerblaster led light. So needless to say we had a safe ride and I am guessing Rich must have gone home with a long 50 in his pocket. Good thing he has a sit down job during the day. Night Cats.
Today I had planned on a century but plans changed since the little one has a half day at school. I decided to venture into new terrritory and got my big ass lost. I was roaming around Marengo with time constraints, no phone, no phone numbers in case I was going to be late. I was on the Steamroller and hurt my legs trying to make up time. A generous lady, in a big fat Mercedes came me some half fast directions and she pointed me towards Hampshire. I was far away from Hampshire but from there I knew my way home. I stopped at a Marathon Gas station and ate the biggest Fritter for 76cents. I felt comfortable with the grease brick in my stomach. Drank my one and only water bottle and booked home. I made it to the Great Western Trail and home with some time to spare. Must take map next time.
yesterdays totals
40 miles,
15 miles 1x1
25 miles Quickbeam
Todays totals
50 miles
Fixed gear
Surly Steamroller
ari
I made it there and then rolled to Burlington

No comments: