Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cold ride on a Sunday

A flock O Geese on the Floodplains of Sycamore, IL.

Tiny Forest in Sycamore.

It was great to get out today and get some real cold air in. I rode the gravel up Peace Rd and went to investigate a small forest in town. I was able to do a couple of loops in there amongst the frozen trail that was also flooded. My bike would ride on the ice and then go through it. My heatrate started to jump and I decided that this place was worth visiting on cold days. It was a delight to get out of the wind and at one point started to feel comfortable. The winds were blasting out of th west. I was comfortable in my great Gore Windstopper jacket with one baselayer and a summer jersey. I had some knickers paired with the great Craft Storm Tights.
My Lake Boots came through once again. Billabong had given me a OR (outdoor research) face mask with Gore windstopper and that was also great.
I rode the gravel on Peace rd all the way and kept feeling the temps drop as the sun was going away. The geese seemed to not mind a bit and were hanging out on the ice.
Hope 2009 is going well so far.
best to all,
Ari


1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

great weather for a ride, eh, ari?

gotta love it!