Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Snowshoeing and Biking ( I love that word)

First commute. Quickbeam and salt

Yesterday, the wife and I doing hill repeats


Yesterday we hit the fields with the wife and did a solid hour + of the snowshoes. I am feeling the benefits in the legs and arms and some of that old blubber is starting to melt, like the icebergs.
Today was my first day at the new job and it was very exciting to get that going after the long wait. I think it will be a blast to work with Tobie and the rest of the gang.
If you get a chance come out and visit us. It would be grand to show you around and while you are at it you can get lunch across the street at McDonald's. If you are thristy we do have a bar next door. Convenient or what?
Today I rode to work on the Quickbeam and it was bitey cold. The humidity must have been up because it was kinda bone chilling. With the commute and ride to the Bucks and back I was able to clock in 20 miles on the singlspeed.
Tomorrow I will comence to do repairs and do some more planning for the fast approaching season. We will have rides, camping trips, a picnic, a trip to Minnesota and much more. I am situated at about 6 miles from the shop. I have a bike trail, road and a grass trail along the powelines that can take me to work.
Ride to work on dry, warm days can be 20 minutes. It takes 10 minutes to drive the pantani-mobile to work. I can also ride the gravel shoulder on Peace rd. when the bike trail is covered in snow.
So, for now thats it. I do think that I froze my eye again the other night. I was in the open fields and had just my prescription glasses on. I felt the freezing winding burn my eyes and now it has been bugging me for a couple days. I did have frostbite on my cornea about 15 years ago in the same situation.
We'll see how it opens up tomorrow morning.


Got to go the screen is killing me!


Ari

3 comments:

bluecolnago said...

i kinda like the idea of having a bar next door ;)

glad you're liking the new job!

Ari said...

Thanks Blue. The bar is like a life line that one might need on a stressful day. I really worry about those guys up in Arrowhead. It was 0 degrees here in sycamore this morning with a hefty wind.
ari

strangelife said...

think i froze my eyes this morning commute too. looks to change 'bout saturday.

s