Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

QBP's Frostbike February 2009

Tobie and Joel at Pizza Luce, No flash

Pizza Luce

The incredible, incredible Salsa Fargo.
Giggles notice the tektro levers



Squirrel and Dorkus Maximus



One On One Studio, Minneapolis
Bike shop at 11:00 p.m. Saturday Night



Cronological order of the Bianch Single Speed





Jay looking lost and confused






Snowing in Minneapolis, of course







The Trombon Player Mr. Mark S.








The Sheraton in Minneapolis









Tobie, Jay and I made the hike up to the wonderful city of Minneapolis to Attend Frostbike 2009. We were lucky to have dry roads and little traffic as we headed north and made record time. We stayed at the Sheraton Hotel and we were very comfortable there. We also attended the seminars in the same place so it was good not having to move around too much. QBP fed us and watered us a plenty. It was a good opportunity for me to get away from the mundane world of my work area and open the mind a bit. I met wonderful people and gained a lot of insight. I brought back a lot of ideas and a renewed freshness that I had needed for a long time.
I was pleasantly surprised to meet my old pal Mark from the old days at the CBOT. I also was able to chat a while with Guitar Ted , met G-Pickle and Cody. WE ended up one night at Gene-O's ONe on one Studio in Minneapolis and that was a great visit. I ran into Squirrel and we had a photo opportunity.
The Expo at the QBP headquarters was grand and it was a great opportunity to meet a lot of vendors and as a million questions that i had floating in my head. I met with the guys from Salsa, Surly and Civia. I also checked out some great Ridley frames which QBP will start to carry soon.
All in all the visit was way beyond what I had expected. The employees at QBP, the people from minneapolis were all great and showed us great hospitality. I was surprised to see such a big bike culture and also had never seen so many beards under one roof.
I would like to visit this great town again in the spring or summer and spend some time riding around and discovering more of it.
This coming Sunday the wife and I are heading down to Indianopolis for the North American Handmade Bike show. That also will be Grand!


Ari








5 comments:

bluecolnago said...

you got to hang with squirrel and g-ted? you'll never be the same, buddy! :)

Ari said...

I know. I can already feel the effects.
ari

Anonymous said...

Bravo Ari...NOW MOVE TO Duluth :)

strangelife said...

Dood. I had no idea Mr. Trombone was there. Good to see. I hope he tickled a few notes for the crowd as he rode a C-50 in a stretched out XXL shirt and tie for old times' sake.

Ari said...

strangelife
I laughed so hard with Mark. We could not stop laughing about all the shit we endured while under the dictatorship of the Kush. Holy Shit did we laugh!!!!
It was the best part of being at frostbike. That and doing shots of Jack Daniel's at the Surly Booth.
Ari