Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday on the Ruffian 29er

10 miles from Home.

My 4 hour mission that I had planned.

Nice looking gravel that sucks your tires in


A welcome surprise



Bushwacked thru leftover 2' deep drifts on this great trail




A hidden secret



I met up with Tobie for a while and we rode into the wind because out here those are the mountains. I went to Starbucks to visit the Mrs. and have a Vanilla Latte. Stop Laughing because I like those. Then I head north with a nice tailwind and ended up in this marsh thing. I guess the trail was part of a railroad track that existed a long time ago. The station foundations are still there and the town of Wilkinson was planned but never built. I rode, pushed my bike and carried my bike through the deep drifts.
Then I took the long way home and continued north on Glidden to Aldrich. I rode, walked and pushed for 4 hours and I was happy to realize I had leftover empanadas in the garage. Three of those and I was feeling better. I rode the ruffian 29er pushing a 34x18 gear. I drank some Gatorade endurance and actually the stuff was pretty good. I held out without eating anything during the ride just to see how long I could go without bonking.
Time for coffee and the hose to wash a couple of bikes.
Ari


4 comments:

bluecolnago said...

nothing wrong with a vanilla latte.... :)

Ryan! said...

By the way...


http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B_-lw6YxUUY/SYi6yN1yI_I/AAAAAAAAAww/n5HMvenQauM/s1600-h/Ira+Shop+Event2.jpg

Ari said...

Ryan,
A nice image of Ira's Cupcake.
Ari

Anonymous said...

Bravo Ari!!!
from Charlie