Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, February 9, 2009

First week of work and Sunday Riding.

Old State Rd. heading east on Sunday

Winter Trainer, Commuter Extraordinaire

Saturday Morning Ride before work.


It was a busy week with it being my first at North Central Cyclery. It will take a while to get situated and learn where everything is and how everything works. It was a blast to be there and I am really liking it. I did not drive all week and that was a good feeling. I was hoping to get in about 10 hours of riding this past week and I was able to accomplish that. The Quickbeam has been my main bike of choice since I got it outfitted with bags, lights and fenders. I am running a 42x16 gearing and it works just fine.
Yesterday Sunday I decided to make a quick ride before going out to WEstmont to visit my brother. I took Old state rd and punched in another 20 miles thus completing my 10 hours of riding for the week. At this time of the year I don't really care about mileage. The other day I rode the Pugsley in an incredible display of wind and it took me 1 hour to cover 6 miles. I did toss cookies by the way also.
I hope you are all doing well and that winter is also giving you a break. Today we have above freezing temps with high winds and dark clouds. I will go out and ride but bring rain gear with me.
out,
Ari

4 comments:

Ryan! said...

Dude the cross check is now outfitted with riser bars, mountain bike brake levers and I wrapped those 29er tires around the rims. I blasted through the snow with the 38x18 fixed gear. That bike is a beast! Glad o hear you had a good weekend. I did as well!

Ari said...

Ryan,
I had your old hubs safe in a tote that was always under my bench. Everything happened kinda quick and I guess I didn't have a chance to wrap it all up. I gave the hubs to Pete and he will pass them on to you.
Thanks for the note and good luck with the work thing.
ARi

Ryan! said...

Funny thing. My rear hub was going south and I was looking for a hub online when it occurred to me that my single speed zipp was a 24 hole as well. I would have totally forgot. Well I guess I did forget. Thanks for keeping it safe for me. You are really a pal. You new find looks golden! I am looking forward to ride out west with ya soon.

Ari said...

One day this year you should come out and we ride out to Oregon,IL by the rock river. There are beautiful fiels and more beautiful rolling hills, no traffic and lots of fresh air.
Dan and I would take breaks and just lay on the road and strech.
ari