Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

transiowa training.

The Slender Fungus Crew  
The Slender Fungus crew is ready to go to Iowa in April. The miles are starting to pile up, bikes are being prepared and it is now time to get together and go for a real long one. We will have two new partners coming with us . One young man will be coming from Upstate New York with Dr. Giggles and another will be a Cookie area local. 
My training rides at night have commenced and for a time being I am back on the geared bike. I had to give my brain and knees a rest. I am also seeing what fit issues I will jot down for when the Prototype arrives in the middle of December. 
     What really counts is the amount of time you put on the bike. There is no real secret to any of this. Last night was another 30 miles of solo recreation on the bike. It was extremely humid and I arrived home wet and cold. There was a dense fog that just permeated all my cycling clothes. I rode the Gunnar Crosshairs with 700x35 knobby tires. I used my dinotte lights along with a planet bike blaze 2w light. The rear was lit up with a cateye blinker plus a Owleye USB blinker. I arrived home around 11:30pm wet and with a splitting headache. 
Roads were busy and there was a lot of construction that I had to navigate around. Got lost a couple of times trying to shortcut. At any rate the miles are coming. 
best, 
Ari 

No comments: