Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Commuting, a way of life.

My Cross-Check, Wifey's Space-Horse
Thanks to commuting I have been able to get some riding in as of late. The move back to Chicagoland has been kinda murky because it just takes a long time to get settled into a new environment. We got used to living out in the country and riding gravel all the time. Then we got used to living in upstate New York and riding car-less roads. So, coming back to Chicagoland, our old stomping grounds, has been not easy. 
My riding buddies are far away and my local riders have basically packed it in for the winter. I have been trying to figure out what to do for mileage. My only solution for the time being is to commute EVERYWHERE. I ride to work 5 times a week.  I ride to the store, ride the daughter to school. I accumulate over 100 miles a week just in commuting. On Sundays we go out and break a leg doing long rides. 
I know things will improve in the near future. Now that Cookie, Giggles and I are on "the list", we will be forced to find motivation. Get on your bikes and ride. There is no better thing.

Ari 

No comments: