Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Palos Hills Forest Preserve

After last night and the wind I decided to cheat and ride during daylight. I got on my trusty-rusty Gunnar Crosshairs and headed south to see how long it would take to get to the forest and then hit some trails before sundown. I left Westmont, rode through Clarendon Hills, Hinsdale and then headed east to Wolf rd. I then headed south to 79th streee headed east to Willow Springs road to Archer rd. I stopped a Joe's 2bici bike shop and introduced myself. I then rode behind ghostown and into the preserve. So to get to the trail head is 12 miles and when I am short on time I will be driving there. I am so against driving but I think it will be worth it when time is short. There are at least 50 miles of trails and it is all taken care of by CAMBR (Chicago Area Mountain Bike Riders). 
I also got a map so I don't get so lost. I think it will be good to hit some singletrack and work on some other muscle groups. I was excited to meet Joe and his gang and they have a reall cool shop. The had Niner, KHS, 9zero7, Surlys and Salsas. I hope to become friends and get some rides together. 
best, 
Ari 
http://cambr.org/SMF/index.php?topic=359.msg1313#msg1313

1 comment:

jkruse said...

hope to check out palos soon. went out to saw wee kee twice last weekend on my new old (craigslist) KHS solo one and had a total blast. i too feel dumb driving to ride, but those trails are worth it.