Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

This Week.

We still have nice weather around here for it being the last few days of November. We have been commuting to work by bike on a daily basis and it has been really good. I have been working around some fit issues with the Gunnar and getting prepared for the new frame. I am currently running a little shorter stem and want to give my Beloved Nitto Noodles a break and try some Compact bars. I tried the new Salsa Cow Bells but buying them in a 46cm was a mistake. I feel like my arms are wide open like Superman. Maybe after all those years of riding narrow bars on my "road" bike I just got used to it. And I believe as the bars get wider,the stem should get shorter. So I switched my bars and stem and that seems to work great. I thought my cranks were ge-cracked but upon inspection they just have a scratch and they are fine. My Crown on my bianchi cyclocross is definetely cracked and I am thankful it did not explode and caused a bad crash.
On another breaking news my DT swiss fabricated Edco hub is cracked and 2 spokes are dangling in the air. So I will have to take that wheel apart and relace it. Was really not in the mood to do that. I have installed my Tubus Rack on my Gunnar Crosshairs, it has a Toplite, I switched to Touring tires and the front wheel is a Shimano Generator that powers a Planet Bike Dynamo Blaze. 
I already got sick of charging batteries. With this getup you saddle up turn the switch and away you go. Easy. 
Today we went with the wife to do the Stairs at Swallow Cliff. I got my ass handed to me by a bunch of older women and men. I did 5 repetitions and was looking for an oxygen tank. I suck. I was doing the stairs, hanging on to the rail and older folk were running and passing me. How am I ever going to climb 20,ooo feet of elevation in T.I.? 
So, we will be going there again and try to make it all the way to 10 reps. On top of the hill they have an Abacus type device where you can keep tabs of the hill climbs you do. 
Get out and ride before it all goes to pot. 
Alfine Generator Hub gives all the light you want

Blaze light specifically made for Generators. This gives more light then a  2W  battery model.

Jannd frame bag. The original


Lights for drivers that can't see objects in front of them. Old school Cateye and UsB
Owleye underneath. 

Touring Tires that go on road and off road. 
Ari 

No comments: