Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Sunday Riding

Great Western Trail in Snow Storm

The Gunnar after 5.5 hours of Abuse
I started off by riding really slow since my back is not 100% yet. After the nasty crash I have been trying to take it easy as to fully recover and resume normal intensity. I was out for almost 6 hours yesterday and it felt great. I rode the GWT first by myself and then met up with the Guys from North Central Cyclery for some riding along the powerlines. It snowed pretty much all day and the wind was fierce. I was very well dressed with the following:
Craft Windfront turtleneck
Gore Winstopper Jacket
Light merino wool Vest
Craft balaclava
Rapha summer hat
Uvex Helmet
Riding shorts
amfib tights
wool socks
lake winter boots
ski gloves
I could have been outside all since since my back started to losen up at around the 4 hour mark. When I got home I mounted the Nokian Extremes on the Rockhopper for tonights ride. I expect all the snow from yesterday and today to have turned into ice. Full report on the Nokians soon.
best,
Ari


4 comments:

bluecolnago said...

that's good stuff, ari! way to rock the weather!

blackgold said...

sounds like you could have used a press pot of Sumatra after that ride!

Ari said...

Blackgold I have an idea of who you are but.........
Ari

blackgold said...

Ari,

Yes, it is brad!