Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Pain Free Ride

Flooded Kishwaukee River

1x1 on initial Gravel Grinder
Note antique Rock Shox Post
Next change will include longer stem




Today I celebrated two things. First was my initial ride after having gone to the oral Surgeon. For the past year I have been riding and living with a lot of pain in my mouth. A poor insurance system and a lack of funds kept me from taking care of business. I was also a bit afraid of having to deal with such a catastrophe in my mouth. My dear wife took it into her hands to end the procrastination and made the appointment for Dec 24th. I suffered like never before and I am still getting used to the temporary bridge aka "The flipper". So today I saddled up on my new bike and decided to not return home before I had whipped 30 miles into those cranks. I rode out in the fields and fought the terrible winds of winter. I went to the food coop for Tempeh, brown rice, some organic soy sauce. Then I went to visit the blokes at NCC.
While at the shop I realized that after entering the store and being there for a while in the warm are that my frozen mouth did not hurt. I was fuckin' pain free!! Pain free!! So I really enjoyed my stay and then boogied home with a 25mph tail wind that took me home in a jiffy. I arrived home and again NO Pain!!
So while I ride this I am grateful to my dear wife for getting this stubborn mediterranean into the doctors office. As to the Surly, it just plain rode beautiful. I will change out the 110 mm stem for a 120 or 130 mm since I feel scrunched up. I also love the 180mm cranks on the bike. My new Craft Storm Tights were great. It was a new experience riding tights that did not have massived crashed induced holes in them.
Miles for the day: 30.
Pain for the day : 0
out,
Ari

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

sweet! it's always good when the pain goes away.

happy new year to you and yours!!!