Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Confession

The most influential movie/ book of my life. I saw this when I was a kid back in the 70's and I swear I cried the whole movie. I cried because Zorba was so full of life and I could feel the intense energy he was giving off in his performance. It has carried me through the most difficult times of my life. Watch this movie when you are not able to go out and ride.
enjoy,
Ari

4 comments:

Charlie Farrow said...

Zorba!!!! Tops on my old time list as well...I will never forget the scene with the woman in the black mourning dress...WOW what a film. I have not read the book, but now I will!!!!

Ari said...

Nikos Kazantzakis wrote some great books and we are very proud of him. I have the film and the book if you would like to borrow them.
Ari

d.p. said...

Boss? Have you ever seen such a magnificent catastrophe?

My quote at TI 2

Ari said...

D.P.
You just made my day.
Writer: Zorba, are you married?
Zorba: I am not a man! I have a wife, children, the whole catastrophe!!