Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, November 28, 2008

General Update.

Giulietta and her new Big Dummy

Coals are ready


Dr. Giggles and Dorkus Enormus with refurbished Merckx

Team Motorola with Columbus TSX tubing


Hope everyone had a good holiday. I started the day off by going on a very cold ride. The temps were hovering around 18 degrees when I left and I was happy to see the sun out. I had anticipated to do a 7 hour ride that day but my back was not cooperating and cut the ride down to 3 hours. I was wanting to do a write up about some horrific crash I had but have not come around it. Needless to say it has been about 3 weeks and I am babying this thing back to order
On other news you will be surprised to learn that I installed a power-tap on the Gunnar Crosshairs. The whole setup was free and I really needed to learn how to set it up and be able to explain the features it has. Too many numbers and too much info if you ask me. For 2009 I need to learn the following::
Power-tap.
How to use a Cell Phone
How to Text message
How to use a GPS
How to use the GARMIN.

I know this sounds silly to you but I come from a different era. I come from 5 speed freewheels, downtube shifters and toe clips and straps.
The Merckx that you see in the photos is a Merckx Motorola that I brought back to life. I had Waterford custom build me a fork using a Henry James crownn and slender fork blades. The bike is built using Campy 10 speed , Rolls Titanio Saddle, DT rims, Vittoria Tires and 3TTT stem and bars.

Tonight its out on the bike again for some back relief.

out,

Ari

3 comments:

Ryan! said...

Psst.. your balls are showing.

Charlie Farrow said...

Ari...That is a beautiful bike!!! A work of art!!! So impressive...
Cheers,
Charlie

Ari said...

It start off by being a Singlespeed!
ari