Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Day off riding

Abandoned Farm on Rte 23 going south.

Thursday was a do or die situation since winter decided to take a break and climb up to the 40's. I saddle up with my new Fuji, complete with exposed cables, first generation white and red look pedals and a whopping 7 speeds in back controlled by a minute aluminum lever located on the downtube. I struggled against the wind heading south since the report said 25-40 mph winds with gusts of up to 50 mph. Hummmmm? sounds like what it was in the Trans Iowa earlier this year. I made to the 20 mile mark and turned a hard u-turn to sail Northbound like a big fat boat with huge sails full of air. I enjoyed every minute on the Fuji and was glad to have clocked the magical number of 40 in December. I met my Father in Law for coffee at the 'Bucks and then hit the liguor store for a 1/2 pint of Jackie D.
After coming home from the restaurant I started my tooth incident which finally, at 3:30 am made me cry. It broke me. I was tired and just wanted to sleep and I was not allowed. Luckily at 430 am I found some strong painkillers and knocked myself out completely. I am getting said loser tooth pulled on the 24th of December so I can miss out on all the great food that we are planning.
I guess it could be worse.
out,
Ari

5 comments:

bluecolnago said...

the second day of spooky cross had winds like that. you came out of the fairly sheltered woods and into a huge hay field right into those winds. soft ground, high winds, made me want to cry! :) good luck with the tooth!

Anonymous said...

Fivos,
Your damn blog has meant a lot to me over the past years. Many, many times I have almost left a comment. I'm glad I waited until now so that in true cycling fashion I can tell you of our shared suffering. Friday night, Saturday night no sleep and incredible pain from a tooth. 3AM sitting on the couch head in my hands,tears in my eyes, broken. I might be getting better or the nerve may have died from the pain. Either way I am feeling better and I really hope you are too. MK and I still ride like you remember and you are still one of the only things we miss about Chiburbia. Later BK

Anonymous said...

Bravo ARI!!!!
Charlie

Anonymous said...

Ari: You, and may be only a handful of others, will understand the significance of the name that I have decided to bestow upon my new Surly snowbike (the frame previously referred to as Pugsley). Henceforth, the name of my snowbike is forever more to be referred to as "ROSINANTE."

Ari said...

The person with the outstanding bike called Rosinante, please let me know who you are??????????

Ari