Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winter time,

Surly 1X1 ready to Roll.

Riding Peace Rd trail to Dekalb

Tobie's Pugsley copulating with Rockhopper


Another Snowride at midnight
I have been really enjoying the studded tires. My next step is to sell more junk on ebay and once the Paypal account is up to par start on a Pugsley Project. I will be living out here in the fields for a while and I know I will be using the bike. I am just trying to buy myself some freedom and sanity for getting couped up in the house. I will only ride the Kreitlers when it is the end of the world.
As you can see above I got the Surly 1x1 done. The bike got built with almost all used parts. New parts included were cane creek headset, chain and rear fender. I can build fancy I can build frugal. You name it.
I have a Voo Doo cycles single speed mountain bike that has been roaming around my garage. It is a size 20" and it is too small for me. I am going to take the parts off and ebay the frame. With that money I will throw all the parts on a Surly 1x1. Next I have a Surly Crosscheck which is a 60cm and that is too small also . That is going to go on ebay and with those funds I hope to start by buying a Surly Pugsley.
Winter is a good time for projects, cleaning the garage, catching up with friends and family and winter riding.
Hope you are doing well.

best,
Ari

2 comments:

bluecolnago said...

what happens when the puggs and the rockhopper mate?

Ari said...

They make sexy cyclocross bike!
ari