Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Winter is coming our way October 2,2007





Hope y'all doing well out there in this crazy world. My Hiatus from the blog world has been caused by a blown up laptop. Thanks to Brad I have a new desktop for the moment and can get some work done. I will be saving the pennies and selling some crap on ebay to buy a new laptop. Once you get hooked on the convenience of a laptop it is hard to sit at a desk and spill the beans.
The season is turning towards the fall and with our move out to the country there is still hundreds of miles to discover. I have huge curiosities about what it is like out here in the winter. I wonder what the gravel roads are like with snow. Do they get plowed? Do they salt them? Will my 29er rock on them? Will I lose my mind riding?
As a lot of you know the kind folks at Giant sent me a T-mobile Giant TCR with a Giant team kit including a jersey and bib shorts. I will slowly build this bike with full dura-ace and see how it handles the "country"
I mostly ride my bianch cross bike out here with Ritchey Speed Max tires. I Sunday I was not able to ride so I went on an investigative trip. We ended up in a town called Stillman Valley and it was great.
I met a lonely rider who was on a great bike: Cervelo R3, the same Paris Roubaix winning machine. He had it decked out in record 10 with zipp wheels and awesome components.
He told me how wonderful it is to ride out there and the shortest ride he does is 75 miles and most of the times he ends up doing a hUndo. Most of the roads are deserted and if you see a car you are tempted to way because you feel so lonely.
This coming Sunday I am dreaming of a long ride out here. So if you are bored of your hamster route come and join me. The hour drive will be worth it.
I have no reports from Interbike because the chump that I am I did not attend. I guess I am not fuckin' cool enough.
Keep riding,
Ari
pix #1 Jason and I on my new wheels
pix #2 Riding in the dark
pix #3 Dark , Dark, desolation

No comments: