Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Driving is totally gay


So after having the shittiest ride of a long time on Monday I finally get the nissan going and drive to work today. Monday was raining as soon as I left the shop and it was a soaker. Rain gear for cycling just plain don't work. I had some handmade wool socks and and some big ass gloves from Bill and was able to sort of keep them extremities warm. Traffic was a nightmare because drivers can;t see when it rains. Maybe they shouldn't drive since they can't see??? Made it to Fermi before 8pm and was stopped by police again to be told they had just changed the rule to 6pm from mid october to mid January. Fuck you I thought as I handed my new Drivers licence over. Next commutes will be even harder since I will detour thru the Prairie path.
I arrived very cold and freaked out since I felt so alone out on the trail. I had some food and drank the gritty water from my ghetto bottles.
Arriving home was a treat and all I wanted was booze and food. I had nightmares about the darkness and about the bermuda triangle in Fermi.
Today I picked up the car and drove to work. I arrived dry, warm and rested. I felt fat and out of shape with just one car commute under my belt. Shit, how I am going to cope with this shit I thought. Tonight I arrived home early and found everyone awake and the house still in action. It was weird. I had dinner and had about 6 hours of riding energy in me still. I am doing laundry and cleaning the garage to burn it off. I also went to Farm and Fleet and bought replacement bulbs for the
Nissan.
I hate cars and still think that driving is totally gay but riding 400 miles a week for ever is not possible. I am still wondering how I am going to cope. There must be a way out......................................
Get out and ride.
Ari

No comments: