Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Sicko can't say no to this weather Gravel Grinder






I was sick and in bed with Asthma and I just kept feeling worse by the minute. Against all logic I buttered up my cameo,took two large bottles and headed out to get the sun to burn off my disease.
I saw them Black Angus cowsies and thought man you look delicious! The wind was ferocious and yes once they cut the corn it makes a huge difference. I rode north on Pleasant Hill road all the way up to Genoa Rd. I had a tail wind all the way up and did not give a shit about the massive headwind that was waiting for me.

The picture with the barn is the way up Pleasant Hill rd. Some hills that I am finding around where I live and yes they make your legs burn. I ended up doing an easy 30 miles and worked up a good soaking sweat. Got home and showered and had some hot tea and lots of water. I must admit that I felt a millions times better than if I would have stayed in bed.

The bike is medicine,

ride,

ari

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

nice pics, ari. this is definitely my favorite time of year! the gravel grinders have started and the weather has been hot. a little strange for this time of year. mid 80s today. have a great weekend!