Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Gravel Sunday



Taking a break on Gillis Rd.
Cool looking creek
Deep Blue, white gravel and some green
Dork on Bike

Fag on Bike
Solo riding
Dry gravel



Fresh gravel, ready for winter


Gillis rd.

Had a great ride on Sunday. Took the cross bike out and did Rich Rd. then Gillis and went over I39 then head west, then north then came back on Baseline which is also gravel. The wind was pretty fierce since the ground is bare after the harvest. Some rolling hills on Gillis made me strain. I had 2L of water and a powerbar and ended up with 60 and change. I got home really tired and vowed to change out the racing saddle on my cross bike for something more comfy, maybe a Rolls. If I had some riding buddies around here I would like to attempt a night ride on the gravel. I think it would be a lot of fun.

keep riding,

Ari




1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

oh yeah, night rides on gravel are the best!