Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday july 16 post #2 for today

Did another megacommute this morning and afternoon. Had a rough weekend at the restaurant and Sunday I was dead to the world. It took me until 230 pm. on Sunday to come alive. Went to bed kinda late again on Sunday and was up way too late on Monday. Had to get suited up and just jump on my bike to make it to work. If I had a car I would have had coffee, showered, gone to the bathroom and done some more stuff. I always pick the hard way when it comes to doing things. Today I rode the Mondonico with the Spinaci bars. I did not see a benefit to the bars since my arrival time was 3hours and 18 minutes. A far cry from my fixed gear ride of 2 hours 46. Maybe one gear is going to be the final choice with this commuting thing. The ride home was very relaxing and again I had to opt for the Arcade Fire to do the trail part of almost 20 miles. I rode in the rain and watched the clouds change shapes in the sky. The music destressed me and made me fall in love all over again. Rode the Heron back home and fell in love with the pedaling, the soft noise of the michelins against the gravel, the tingly sensation of the gravel collecting on my legs. I rode and dreamt of good things, I dreamt of positive things, of no cars, no traffic and people that are cool. My mind wandered like it used to do before, in the old days of carefree living. I was glad to not have driven today. I was glad to be on the trail, in the rain, on my bike and listening to "No cars go"
a.

No comments: