Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ass kicking day




Rode into work today to what turned out the be the longest day of the year. I don't want to get into the details of it because I will get the recurring migraine. On the way to work I spotted the leaning silo of sycamore, Pictured also is Crew member Snake having to take his shirt off to battle that little pink bike. Some of these bikes require muscle to get them axle nuts off. The pictur with the moon depicts what it looked like riding home. I made it home by 930 pm in complete darkness. Out in the country you can't ride with "city lights" cause they don't exist. I had a small cateye led light that worked rather well. On the led lights they seem to work better the darker it is. If there is extraneous light from other sources they seem to get lost. Ditched the Power Gels and got home using two Black Plums and a bag of carrots donated by Squirrel. Didn't feel jacked up from the caffeine in the Gels. Two large glasses of ice water and out I was.
Keep riding,
Ari

2 comments:

monk3y mike said...

Keep on keeping on man! Applause from my little corner of bike commuter land.

strangelife said...

Today's my ass kicking day...started off the moment the doors opened and continues for another long 5 hours...

seems like every customer is either crabby or in a hurry...the bastards.

glad I don't have 53 miles to ride home though.