Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Blue Mariachi

I love riding this bike and I know that it also needs some improvements. On my latest ride up to Lake Geneva with Cookie I had a couple of issues. First of all my seat height was about 1" too low. Sometimes I have my bikes at work and people ride them and forget to put the seat up again. I had also experimented with some Ghetto Tubeless on my wheels. One mistake I made was using some presta tubes with non-removeable valves. Getting the stans thru the valves is the only way to juice up the wheels. So on Sunday I had leaky tires. I arrived home with soft tires and a low seat. No wonder my knees were screaming at me. 
So, this week I am putting on some different wheels. I feel the stock Salsa rims are a bit heavy and don't roll as well as they should. I will be putting on some Chris King wheels that I have sitting in the garage. Been too busy to switch over the rotors but it will be done. 
I am excited for this time of the year. Trans Iowa registration is this weekend, the frost will kill all the nasty stuff that gives me allergies and Asthma. I hope to participate in the DDD and ride with my friend TJ. Yeah, lots of stuff going on. 2014 will be a great year. In the meantime I will get the Blue Mariachi ready. 
Good luck to all registering at Trans Iowa V10. For me it is the highlight of every year. 
Ari 
The Blue Mariachi. Pretty much Stock. This bike is awesome. 





1 comment:

Michael Lemberger said...

It would be fantastic to see SFCA represent at the Triple D. Just sayin'.