Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Busy-bee

Legnano Slx with 8spd Ergo

Lloyd road on a road bike

Me in Belvedere, IL. Cyclotouring

Kishwaukee river in Belvedere


Murals in Belvedere

Murals

Delicious Lattes


Had a couple hilacious rides on day off and sunday past. On thursday I was out in the middle of nowhere and shot some decent video. 20+ miles later, pretty close to home I realized video camera had become free from h-bars. In a rant of curse words I u-turned the ship and off we went in hunt of precious video camera. After retracing my ride on opposite side of road I saw, at a distance, small black object. I was excited to find the electronic gizmo, until I opened the bag and saw a newish camera with its guts blown out, like road kill. Not even the chip was saved by the car or truck that ran it over.
Sunday was a uncommon road ride on the Legnano. Too much hanging out at said Rapha site. Road bike, specially the steel ones, can be pretty tough. I did appreciate the low rolling resistance on the 700x23s. Road to Belvedere solo, again, and stopped for lunch at a wonderful little mexican restaurant. Ate my food, drank my mexican Coca cola and watched some Soccer. Did a Euro-pian century also know as 100kms. Real centuries are of the american variety and they are 160kms. Europians are weak.
This thursday I voted early, cashed my 1 gallon jar of coins, dropped the pantanimobile for more work and went to the dentist for more pain in my mouth and wallet.
I have also been busy loading pixs onto my Flickr Pro account and organizing them. Get in there and check them out.
Stupid fucking plates I have seen on the highway while commuting with the pantani-mobile:

1) OMG MOVE
2) GOT FUEL
3) MAKE WAR

To all three of you guys may someone steal your vehicles and dump them in a lake. You need to stop inhaling the carpet fumes of your cubicles. Whatever.

On a brighter note. I am almost done building the wife a Surly Big Dummy. There were some real challenges to the build but in the end it all went well. The guys up at Surly are a bunch of smart asses when it comes to bikes. Ummm, maybe it has to do with the fact that they actually ride bikes.
I will post pictures of said creature soon. I test rode it today and it is a blast to ride. The frame, because of design and length is very comfortable and the handling is dead on.
Sunday I, we family will be attending the cyclocross race out in St. Charlies. Hope to see y'all there.

Ari

Blue: I am there buddy. I would like to hook up with you for a ride and beers. Maybe one day.

Ari

3 comments:

bluecolnago said...

we'll hook up to ride one of these days.... :)

Charlie Farrow said...

Hey Ari: The way I read it, we need to send G-Ted a postcard so that he gets it on November 11th or very very soon after that!!!!
Best Regards,
Charlie

Charlie Farrow said...

Dear ARI: 80+ miles in November!!! Five months out from the BIG DANCE...You are gonna be a force! FYI: I'll be the older guy shamelessly hugging your wheel and never going to the front!!! I have gone with TIME ATAC PEDALS FOR YEARS...I suppose they are kinda comparatively heavy, but I have never broken one and I do not know of anybody else that has ever broken one...