Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Riding

Just a general recap and a reminder to myself that cars suck really bad. I had to spend a bunch of money on the Pantani-mobile and it still needs more work and it needs an oil change and new wipers and the back seat is full of grease since I haul my nasty bikes there. Today was a hard ride since the wind was blowing really hard. I had intentions of getting up butt early but working a double shift on saturday and haven ridden all week made me really tired. I did ride faster every day and that felt good.
Today I passed by Tobie's house and dropped off a wheel and I went to explore Twombly road. I realized soon enough that NONE of the crossroads had signs So I had no idea where I was. I did get a good scare from a doberman, but luckily I realized he was "invincible-fenced". What the hell happens when the transmitter on his collar runs out of battery? Will he eat me and mutilate my face? Do I stand a chance?
I rolled 50 miles today on the Gunnar Crosshairs and it felt good not to have the Backpack on carrying all my stuff for work.
In the evening we celebrated my father in law's birthday and it was good to relax. The corn is being harvested so no more natural barriers for a while. I wish I could find some riding partners so I would not have to talk to myself like a crazy head.
Monday 80
Tuesday 80
Wednesday 104
Thursday 36
Friday 104
Saturday 4
Sunday 45
Total for week 453




A short video to show the amount of pounding the bikes take out here where I live. The light, carboney bikes I think would start to have problems after a while.

enough,

Ari

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

you're piling up a lot of miles, ari! that gravel takes a toll, eh?

keep rollin'!