Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day Off Not riding.

Decorah, Iowa..........someday

Today I finally started to feel better. It could have something do with with the fact that the temps out here in the fields have been dipping into the 30's at night. So today I drove the misses to school, took care of the tire rotation on the Pantani-mobile, visited Tobie and talked shop and then went to serve at the restaurant. My total mileage for the day was 4 miles on the Quickbeam fixed.

Last time I had a respiratory issue was a few years back when John W. and I decided to do a long ride in the early spring. I was a bit underdressed but feeling feisty AND cocky. We rode our brains off and I remember being on the Eddy Merckx Motorola that day and rocking out the big ring. We were churning at 30 mph on the gravel. I felt the cold spring air infiltrate through my upper body. We clocked in 130 miles that day and almost rode into Wisconsin.

I was later diagnosed with bronchitis. It did not go away and turned into Chronic Bronchitis which stayed with me for over 4 months.

Nowadays I always overdress and keep my chest warm. I cannot handle cold in the lung area. So tomorrow if i decide to ride in I will dress super-warm.

Hope you are well.

Ari

No comments: