Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

June 29th, Sunday riding


Made the early wake up alarm on my HR monitor and bolted out the door at 5:15 am. Made it to the trail at exactly 6:15 and started to yank my bike out of the back seat. It is not easy driving a nissan 200sx and riding a 62 cm Rivendell Quickbeam. I got rolling and felt out of place in a forest that I have spent years riding in. It was so groomed, they had done a burn to reduce brush and there were runners all over the place. It was three laps of "on your left" situation. Many of them had earphones on so it made it even more difficult to pass them. Waterfall Glenn has become a runners Mecca I decided.
When I had enough I got back on the road and took the frontage all the way to the movies. I headed south on woodward and then rolled down Lemont rd. To find the new Centennial trail. Lemont rd. was deeply rutted and trying to get into the right turn lane was out of the question. I would have lost my frontwheel in the crevass and my few remaining teeth.
I hooked on the trail and it was quiet and comfortable. I turned the 42x15 with ease and was starting to feel good. I ran into my friend Jackie P. and we rode together and she showed me the new trail system that is just a gem. I ended the day with over 52 miles on the fix and my legs were nice and sore. It was a strange experience riding in my old confines and when I got back to Sycamore I was glad to see the cornfields.
Ari

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

i think earphones on runners are dangerous to them and everyone around them. scary....

glad you got in a good ride!