Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Some random photos and notes

The Story of June O8. Massive storms

Me driving home in New Rapha Cap


Billabong ready for his Tour. Glacier to Grand Canyon

Swampy area near Burlington IL.

650b Wheel with 40c tire.

Bleriot and Quickbeam


Billabong looking for Beer and Love


DeKalb at Night.

Super Pimp Ira Ryan Porteur. smooth.

So I have been getting out on these ass-kicking rides and coming home feeling like pooh. I know I ain't no spring chicken but last year, mere months ago, I was on fire. I was riding a ton, working and feeling great. This year the economy has put a lot a stress on the shop. We had a late, late start and somehow we are still trying to recuperate and get ahead. Also we are now open every week day until 7 pm. I get home really tired around 830 at night and that is when my off time starts. I have been eating an early dinner so as not to come home and eat late. That has helped a lot. I started taking a multi-vitamin in case I am missing something. Also today I ordered some Hammer Nutrition Recoverite to take after riding. I remember going to Decorah and riding and then hitting T-bocks for burger and Guinness with the Mrs. and I felt great.
Hummmmm? Maybe we should just move there.
At any rate we have all been stressed to the max one way or another. My pals out in Iowa have gottten floooded and are recovering from that disaster. The economy and our unstable future makes us worry a lot . Drive less, spend less and eliminate debt. It is the only way to make for more riding time.
Tomorrow is another day and I just hope I start sleeping better and feeling better.
Best to all of you,

Ari

No comments: