Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Sunday ride

Snake on his new Cannondale System Six with Sram Rival

Raging Rock River, Oregon, IL




Devil's Backbone rd.




Trinity: John Deere, Old Style, Shakey Rooster Kings, IL.




Lifesaving Pepsi machine. 50 cents for ice cold Pepsi


I de-touring-biked the Quickbeam and decided to make it a fixed cross bike. Cross tires and a fixed cog and it was ready to go. At 7 sharp I was rolling down 64 towards Oregon, iL. My goal was to go there and then target Devils Backbone rd and check it out and then ride back home.

Surprisingly I did not have a headwind going out and I did good time. I stopped at the Rock River and was scared to see how high the water was and how it was raging over the breakers.

I rolled on down to Devils backbone and discovered a lonely road that went up and did a bunch of snaking. Towards the end it came to a steep downhill and I was back on route 2again.

I started my ride home and the west winds picked up. I had a nice tailwind home and it kept my speed around 21 mph. I was good to get back on the fix and remember days of old. I stopped at the Shakey Rooster for a much needed Pepsi. A Pepsi and banana got me home. I rode 85 miles on the fix and I got home and felt like nothing happened. Some fitness is starting to come around but I still feel like where I want to be is miles away.

Ari

2 comments:

bluecolnago said...

sometimes the winds just work out in your favor and all is good.

i like the pic of the signs. pretty cool.

EXPO Racing said...

Ari,

Email me your adress. I'll send you a few bottles. Then you will send me a 5 spot to cover the shipping.

Keep Press'n On

fixedgeargus@gmail.com