Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Twice Rejected

All suited up and nowhere to go

I psyched myself up last night to do the century commute to work today. I awoke early, got dressed and was out the door within minutes. My boss was going to be late today so I had to make it there on time to open shop. As soon as I stepped out I noticed a thick fog and a drizzle coming down. I tried to ignore it but within a block I took my glasses off and settled in for a long ride. Within 5 miles I was soaked and my bike took over and made a u-turn. I did not feel bad about it since I have done sooo many shitty rides in the winter. At this point and part of the year I want to not have to suffer anymore. I be tired of playing tough guy. I returned home and my daughter was happy to see me. I made breakfast , the wife made me a tasty latte and then I drove in and got all my bank errands done. Our townhome association does not recycle (#$@#$$%^%^^%^&&^&&*&**(*()(()) , so I loaded all our recycling and took it into town where I work. I have found a recyling center and I disposed of a lot of stuff there.

The shop was busy as hell and it was hot in there. We finished work with Billabong and had a cold Stella that was stellar. At 10 pm we decided to go on a ride with the wife. We suited up , got the lights on and headed out. Within a couple of minutes we saw lightning. That is where the wife and I draw the line. Upon my second rejection for the day I figured that today was not a good day for me to ride. We are currently under a Tornado Watch until 1 am.

If you can, get out and ride.

out,

Ari

3 comments:

Robert H said...

The look on your face says it all.
I've been enjoying your blog.

bluecolnago said...

i don't do lightning either, buddy. you have to draw the line somewhere!

Ari said...

We are supposed to get storms all the way til next friday. I think June is going to be a wash. Should I start getting my winter fleet ready??
ari