Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rejected, Again

Wishful thinking. A star studded night with no Tornado Watch

I worked all day on Saturday clocking in about 16 hours with commute time. Sunday morning I was a muscular wreck and could not think straight when I was woken up by my daughter. Strong coffee, no food and a massive headache woke me up enough to get in the car again and open shop at 11 am. on the day of the Lord.

I made it home by 5 pm and had to run to the grocery store and pick up some quick dinner stuff. Had some veggie burgers, rice, salad and a cold Latte on ice. I did some laundry while the wife read a ton of books to my hungry reader. At about 9 pm I started to get dressed, had the 29er ready, was going to load the camelbak with water and ice cubes. I check the weather and we are under tornado watch til 1 am. Right away thunder came and lightning was everywhere. I sat in my lycra and started to get warm.

After a lot of thinking I resigned to riding today. I rode to the end of the drive entrance to the communal mailboxes. Another bill from Comed. ( f you I thought). I am in my room ,my asthma is raging I'm downing some Kettle one with lemonade and my ass is still lubed with bag balm.

I need to do a big ride, soon.

Ari

No comments: