Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Yashica T4 Super Weatherproof


I know it looks like another point and shooter. The special part about this camera is the Carl Zeiss lens that came on it. Yashica had also produced some awesome and really desirable cameras under the Contax name. I will go over a couple of models that I own in the near future.
The Yashica T4 was a wonder. It has a superscope which allows you to take photos without looking through the camera. This was specially important when I took all the homeless people in Chicago. I would stand next to them and pretend to fiddle with my camera and take the photo. This made for some great candid shots and I really don't think I hurt anyone.
The camera was no longer made because Carl Zeiss was not able to provide the lens and keep the camera under a certain pricepoint. I purchased mine from a Pawn shop for 50 bucks. Currently on ebay they sell over 300 bucks. Photos are very sharp with some vignetting when there is blue sky. Another classic camera that has become a collectible.
Ari

3 comments:

bluecolnago said...

i've had a couple of yashicas in my time. nice cameras. i'm a slave to digital nowadays tho.... just too darned convenient. perhaps another film camera one of these days....

how's the training going?

Ari said...

Just got in today with a 50 mile ride of combined tar/gravel. Winds are still stiff and the temps not very friendly. Things are improving slowly. I don't know what effect the flooding is going to have with Trans Iowa.
ari

bluecolnago said...

i think the gravel in iowa will be good. most of the snow is gone and there isn't much else to cause flooding. it'll be good!