Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Bamboo Gunnar off Assembly Line.

Gunnar Crosshairs. Made 'n' 'merica

Nitto Stem, Cane creek headset, Silver hanger


Sugino Compact Cranks, INTERNAL BEARINGS

Dura Ace 9 spd Downtubies

Deore XT reverse pull Short Cage Derailleur

I finally made the push to get this beast done. Frame and fork made in Waterford Wisconsin. I love the work those guys do. Their bikes are meant to be ridden. I had a bit of problems to spec this machine out. I wanted it to be durable with no crappy parts that would let me down. I wanted to stay away from external bearings since I have been replacing a lot of them on customers bikes. The sugino compacts were hard to come by. I am running a sealed cartridge shimano. Chainrings are 50x34. Rear Derailleur is XT reverse pull and with the downtube shifters it works great. Hubs are xt with Mavic touring rims covered in Schwalbe Marathon Racers in 700x35c. Brakes are TRP Eurox and they feel like my old mafacs. Headset is a better quality Cane Creek. Nitto threadless stem that is NOT black. Bars are Nitto Noodles with Dura ACe brake levers. This bike is built tough and will be my Trans Iowa bike. It weighs 23 something with no light parts on it.

Hope you likes,

Ari

3 comments:

nmoney said...

Bamboo 4 U! Nice work Ari. Keep keepin' on.

bluecolnago said...

i was lookin' at g-ted's blog today.... holy crap! you guys are in for a ride at t.i.

sweet bike! how big is that frame?

Ari said...

62 cm my friend. When I thought I was a racer I used smaller frames. Now that I am old and wise I buy frames that fit me.
Hope to meet you in Iowa.
ari