Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bone chiling commute

The terribly unpassable Great Western Trail

I opted not to ride on Sunday because it was warm (50 degrees) and sunny. I have had the experience of getting really sick when that first day of warmth finally arrived. One time I rode 135 miles on a day like that and it later transformed into chronic Bronchitis for a period of 4 months. No thanks.

Today I went to recover my car from the Restaurant which was a 27 mile ride. I knew it was siberian cold all over again. Dressed superwarm, Lake boots, toe warmers and went at it. I rode 27 miles into the headwind of 20 mph and completely exhausted myself. The only motivating factor was the warmth of my little Nissan and a good dosage of NPR radio. Almost two hours later I arrived and drove off to work.

The Trans Iowa is fast approaching and so far the weather has been horrific. I suppose a lot of participants are on the same boat.

I hope so,

out,

Ari

3 comments:

bluecolnago said...

trans iowa will be epic, ari. it's all good!

strangelife said...

You tough motherfucker! You will eat TransIowa for breakfast and shit it out your ass!

s.

Ari said...

It would help to be able to ride and not think that you are catching some frostbite on your nose or face. I don't fear the miles.
ari