Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

No relief in Sight

Gravel coming back to life

So I kept on watching the temperature and finally I decided it was not going to get any better. I had 23 degrees with a wind out of the nw at about 10-15mph. I dressed warm with amfib tights, leg warmers, wool, more wool, patagonia, toe warmers, moosemitts and a whole lot more. I forced myself out there for 2 1/2 hours and I was not happy. The headwind slowed me down to about 10 mph and the only break I found was being on some mushy gravel. Wherever the sun shines the gravel has been cleared but anywhere where there is a tree or even a post and the sun does not hit it is ice. I am hoping this crap will end soon. I don't want to think about all this clothing any more. I rode the salsa cross bike and tried out a Specialized fancy saddle. Felt good. Still not done building my Gunnar crosshairs. Need brakes, levers, downtube shifters, bars, front and rear Der.
Time for tea,
Ari

No comments: