Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Winter riding

Aldrich Rd with some visible Gravel

Wondering why I decided to ride

Welcome to Genoa, IL.


I can't wait to hit this place when Open.

Genoa rd. en route to Belvidere, IL.

Awesome truck.

Winter Scene.

Awesome new rd. Whipple Rd.

I knew I had to get out today and work out some demons. I did not have a good week and there was a lot of pressure I had to release. I made sure to overdress because lately I have been underdressing. I also took a geared bike to help out with the bad moments when my legs don't want to go anymore. I headed north and stopped by Genoa and then headed kinda north west towards Belvedere. I then made a uturn and ate 25 miles of headwind and little pellets of Ice cutting up my face and eyes. After what seemed a very long time I hit Pleasant Hill rd and started heading south. I got on Whipple and discovered some beautiful riding. I headed east past Sycamore and then circled back to the house. I had one waterbottle and my idea of stopping for food never happened. Total count for the day is 55 miles, 4.5 hours and an average of 13.5mph.
More snow tonight.
tired as heck and out,
Ari