Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Independent Fabrication, general thoughts

Smooth , clean drivetrain

Rear brake detail


Front brake detail

Flandria Velosport Workshop

Made in USA Gosh darnit!! It is with great pride that I build this fine machine. I have been taking my time with it so I can saviour the fine quality of this machine. It is straight as an arrow, the threads are beautiful and it just seem to click together. Today I string the cables and chain and all I have left is to wrap the bars and take up some strech on the cables. It feels really light and I don't think we left any weak points on it. King Headset, Dura Ace (real) hubs and some good bars and stem. I will be excited to see it out on the gravel, if the ice ever goes away.

Yesterday I was so tired because my soft collar on my gunnar made my post sink a full 4 cms. I couldn't get my leg extended and I was pedaling with my thigh all the time. I will remedy that with a Salsa liplock and that will be that. Live and learn.

The shop today was dead again and it seem like everyone has resigned themselves to 72 degrees and sun. Even the hardcore riders have been bronco busted and are home crying in their wives or girlies laps. You guys are pussies.

Anyway, I guess I should shut up and go program the cateye wireless.

Out,

Ari

No comments: