Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, December 23, 2006



Hi all, just want to wish everybody on this planet a good holiday season. Whether you are tight white, Hispanic, Black, Iraqi, Afgan, Irani, North, South, EASt,. WEst, AFrica, Comunist, etc,etc. I love all you people. Hopefully for 07 I will read and see less people get killed. Man, hows about hearing some good news for a change. Lets starting getting interested in the O8 election because that is going to be an important one. This is our chance to change this hostile regime that has taken over our country and the world. Why the hell is everyone so hostile? Why are we as american so hostile to one another?
Lately beside getting broadsided the other day I have not had any close encounters with cars while on my bike. Knock on wood.
Pedal reflectors, reflectors on shoes, spoke reflectors, rear light, front flasher, nightrider and lots of defensive playing out there.
I have been really digging the gunnar. I am soooo used to riding the fixed its not even funny. Today I laced some Pasela Tourguards on the bianch cross bike and the bike felt like dookie. I kept trying to stop using my legs and I felt like a crash was about to happen. I will stick to the Gunnar until I lose the mandatory 25 pounds that I want to lose.
The moose mitts have been a saviour and I can't tell you what it is to ride in liners and have toasty hands.
On Christmas day I will attempt another 50 miler to my mother in laws house for the Christ holiday. I will take the Gunnar and pack lots of water. I have noticed that I sweat a lot even in winter and that I dehydrate quite easily.
I hope you all have a good holiday season and if you can squeeze a ride in there.
Peace,
Ari
picture one is me along the Great Western Trail en route to Sycamore Illinois
picture two is the Great Western Trail that goes from St Charles to Sycamore. That day it was soft and really hard to ride on.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Merry Christmas and good luck on your ride.

Ari said...

Thanks Chris, same to you and your family.
ari

Ari said...

chris,leave me your blogspot so I can add you to my list of favorites.
ari

bluecolnago said...

a "peanut butter" trail, eh? that's good training for april, ari....

peace out, yo!