Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

December 27th, 2006


Hi to all. Hope everybody has recuperated from Christmas and is ready for New Years. Today I woke up very tired and not in the mood for a ride. Could be that all they grey cloud cover has knocked down my resistance a bit. Today work was dead and boring and also we went on the mandatory Bike shop cut the hours bulshit. Its hard enough to survive at what we earn wrenching but when we go into chop hour mode things really start to suck. I have definitely got to get in gear to get some extra work and get rid of some bills. The summer is good, with tons of hours and overtime.
I have still not found a car to replace the civic. If anybody out there has an idea about a car 3-4k in price let me know.
Tomorrow I am getting on my bike to get rid of these head bugs and to think about what I am going to do. Got a bunch of birthdays and a couple of births coming up soon also. All this stuff is just bad timing.
On a happier note we are all healthy and the weather has cooperated inmensely. I have been working hard to shed some weight and get ready for Trans Iowa at the end of April. I should give Bill a call and organize a ride for tomorrow.
have a good one.
Ari
photo above of my trusty Gunnar STreetdog on the Great Western Trail. Still running the salsa cross bars before I converted to the Moosemitts. You know my pals thinks the mitts are dorky but when it is freezing and you can ride with fingerless gloves I think that is a luxury. There is no reason to get home with cold fingertips.
enuff said. Moose Mitts rule!

2 comments:

bluecolnago said...

warm fingers are a "must"!

i see paddy's got a 300 miler going up in the great white north in june..... i'd do it on a motorbike.... :)

**just shaking my head**

peace out, yo!

bluecolnago said...

happy new year ari!

peace out, yo!