Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

December 13th, 2006


Hi to all and hope you are well. Yesterday I got caught in a cloud burst and arrrive home so wet I could not go up the stairs. Nothing could stop the rain and I am sure glad I was only 4 miles away from home. This morning I woke up at 5 to do an early ride. I met up with some road riders but was unable to spin the 42x18 fast enough to stay with them. It was 6 am and we were cruising down Burlington at 24 miles per hour. ????????
I turned away from the group and headed south to do some more human miles and try to get into the preserve. Once in the forest the gravel was really soft and It felt like I was riding on Playdoh. I struggled pedal to pedal till I got out of the woods. Todays south wind was bity and I cursed at not having taken the amfib tights that are wind resistant. My lake boots worked flawless. I got home truly wrecked and was really not looking foward to work.
I got rid of my crap tires and finally put on some fresh meats. I went for the true and tried Pasela tourguards in 700x35c. Lots of rubber, lots of air, and man these things run straight. Final mileage for the day 40 miles. Figure I post a pic of me in case we run into each other somewhere. Probably listening to a conversation but thinking about oh.....some phil wood hubs,,,,,sugino cranks, craft crap, frame, oh maybe just riding whenever I feel like it.
I'm out,
Ari

2 comments:

bluecolnago said...

hey! those are good thoughts to be having!

way to hang tough with the roadies. i'd of just smiled and waved and said "see ya", "have a nice ride"!

peace out, yo!

bluecolnago said...

did i spot your name on the ti v3 roster? uh huh!

peace out, yo!