Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

December 26th, 2006 Post xmas ride


Hope you all had a good xmas and that you received all the presents that you wanted. I received two important gifts. First of all "Zorba the Greek" on DVD. An epic movie which had a huge impact on my upbringing. If you can rent it and watch it. Second I got a good copy of the Koran with English and Arabic text. I have a masters in literature and I want to read this book and learn more about what goes on in the middle-east.
My ride to my mother in laws house was epic to say the least. I covered 50 miles on the fixed gear and did some country riding. I am so pleased to be able to cover such ground at the end of December. I do feel guilty though and think that we should be covered in snow and ice skating or something like that. The wind was out of the north west and was at about 10-15mph and kept me suffering for the first 40 miles. AT that mark I turned left on Hinckley road and headed 10 miles south to Mamas house. With the tailwind I was cruising at 23-25 mph and let me tell you it was really good. I switched to a 42x15 for the road and 42x18 for dirt maneuvers. Rode the moose mitts with fingerless wool ragg gloves. Rode amfib tights with wool undershirt and windbreaker. Craft balaclava, craft hat and my trusty Lake winter boots with woool socks. I was comfy.
Tomorrow going for a quick 20 miler most likely on the fixie.
I'm out,
Ari
Photo above on McGirr road on my way to Hinckley rd. I am heading west and the wind is north west 10-15mph. Bleak,bleak.

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

40 miles into the wind is definitely epic! it makes me sore thinking about it!

keep at it!

peace out, yo!