Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, December 3, 2006

December 3rd, 2006


Just chilling out in the refrigerator which is where we live now. It was 60 last week until somebody plugged in the freezer and left the door open. What can we do? In the old days it was way winter by now and unfortunately we have gotten spoiled with the mild winters. Hey........wake up it is supposed to be cold in winter. Your stinking cars are warming up the place and that is why we ride deeper into the year. I need to move to a poorer area just to get away from Car bling. I am tired of looking at hummers, suvs, benzes and bmers, then Dick Richard Dickenson rolls down the road in a Bentley coupe to outdo everybody, But wait...........it Dondo Corleone driving the badass Maserati Cuatriporti (four door you single tongue people). I shake my head in desbelief and I feel like getting off my bike and crying for mercy. I rode to work today and my tires were soft and hard at the same time. I had a hard time turning the 42x18 and the 3 miles home seemed like 30.
Shop was dead but ebay saved our hinds for a couple more days. Billabong showed up all snotnosed with a huge grin on his face. He tood his litespeed cross bike and Fixed it with an Eno. STraight bars, Alaska Gauntlets and speedplay frogs. Talk about a cool bike. I did rodeo laps in the shop while Ken looked on. Listened to some Argentinian Music today and drank a whole pot of coffee. Nice relaxing day. I hope Argonne will clear up soon as I would like to move my ass over there for a some laps.
The picture is of my crappy crank on the gunnar. Some old 105 crank 175mm long with a Suntour 42 tooth chainring turning a cheapo sram chain. Works for me. Save your money and buy good bikes. Crap bikes are cool but in the end they are still crap.
Peace,
ari

2 comments:

bluecolnago said...

you guys seriously got the optimo 2 disc in to the shop already?

that means that canondale is caught up on production?

woohoo!

peace out, yo!

bluecolnago said...

oops! CANNONDALE,,,, 2 n's

:)