Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

December 10th, 2006

No photo today but a good write up on incredible weather. Was very nice this morning and met up with Pete, Michael, Dan and Chris for a roadride. I swear that is a rarity. I wore the new Lake boots and must say they are very warm and comfortable. Also wore some Pearl amfib tights, my cannondale jacket, craft balaclava and hat. I was happy , toasty and not wanting to come home. We did a 30 mile loop know as the fruit loop and it was all done on road. It was a bit windy out of the south and that is what brought the warm weather. It was really fun to go on a road ride with a group. My gunnar perfomed flawless as usual. After the ride ended I decided to ride more. Man, I wasn't done yet! I rode out to naperville and ended up home with 52miles in december on a fix sporting a 42x18. I was so excited I forgot to get tired. Did laundry and hung out with Giugi. Did some garbage picking in the rich neighborhood and then went to the forest for a while. Jamie had to work at Starbucks and had to wake up superearly so she is cashed.
Bill dropped the Moose Mitts over at the shop and I will sport those on the Gunnar Ruffian. I am interested in trying the ERGon grip, so Bluecolnago give me some feedback on them. I see you sport them on the green machine. Hope you all have a happy monday. Chicago is supposed to get great weather this week. Blue Colnago I also noticed that your trails were clear. Didn't you guys get a snow storm like we did. Our trails are solid blocks of ice and unrideable.
peace,
Ari

1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

i can't imaine anything other than the ergons on a mountain bike. once you get the angle adjusted for YOU, they are the absolute best. i put carbon bars on the surly as well, hoping they'd absorb some road shock and i'm pleased to say that they do! a great combination.

we had a little bit of snow early on but it's been gone for quite awhile now. everything is clear. we've had some rain so if you get off of the paved trails and into the woods it gets kinda nasty after about 10 in the morning. the gravel is the same way. like slippery peanut butter.

it's all good!

peace out, yo!